Thursday, March 31, 2011

Tales From The Potty


So, either Isabella is a magnificently gifted child, or potty training is really not as difficult as everyone makes it out to be. If you even want to call it training, she started on March 5th. After coming home from a long trip, I just asked out of nowhere if she needed to pee. So we sat her on her potty, rain the sink water and she went. I screamed of course and was so excited. It just seemed like a normal old thing to her, although the next time she saw me use the potty she screamed and clapped in approval.

So, pretty much ever since then, we started putting her on the potty before and after naps, before she went to bed at night and when she woke up in the morning. Now, not even a month later, she will tell me when she has to pee [since we have a babygate up to keep them in the living room, she has to ask to get into the bathroom]. Sometimes if she has access to her potty, she won't ask me but just go on her own. She has yet to do #2 in the potty but that's fine, as long as she's comfortable I'm fine with it.

Cute story though; Kyle leaves for work at 7:30 AM, so sometimes I guess he's a little noisy in the morning. I was attempting to go back to sleep a couple days ago, and heard something in my room. I opened my eyes a little bit, and there was Bella standing beside my bed. Before I could say anything, she put her finger up and whispered "I gotta go pee", so I said "Well, go ahead baby". Since her potty is in our bathroom, I guess she felt she needed to ask permission. She promptly peed and while running through the kitchen back to her bedroom, she yelled "I peeeeeed!" She went back to sleep until 10 AM ... she's the funniest little thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment